Hiring at the Southport General Store!
The Southport General Store and Barn is located on Southport Island near Boothbay Harbor, Maine. It is a classic local Maine destination offering deli/pizza, beer/wine, groceries, provisions, and gift store, proudly serving the community throughout the year. We are situated at the roundabout near the local elementary school, post office, and fire house. We are right in the middle of all the activities for the town including: 4th of July parade, annual fireman’s auction, a 5K race, and our own Community Day with live music and artist vendors. We offer a host of outdoor as well as indoor seating options that fill up during these wonderful events. The summer is our busiest time of year. We are looking for someone to join our team to help with all the excitement during these bustling summer months!
If you are interested, please fill out an application on our website! Job Application
Summer housing available for the right candidate!
Job Expectations include but are not limited to:
• Exhibiting exceptional customer service.
• An ability to multitask under high pressure situations while maintaining good communication skills.
• Learning about our various products and local community to provide the best possible experience and recommendations to customers.
• Preparing deli products, including sandwiches, salads, pizzas, hot food, pastries etc.
• Taking orders over the counter and over the phone for customers and making the orders in a timely manner.
• Prepping vegetables and other ingredients for sandwiches, salads, and hot meals.
• Stocking and assisting with the packing/sale of beer/wine, by those who are 21+ years older.
• Helping maintain stock and inventory.
• Maintaining a clean and aesthetically pleasing store environment for customers.
• Complying with all health and safety standards.
• Cleaning and sanitizing work surfaces and materials.
Other job requirements/expectations:
• Ability to lift up to 50 lbs of food/supplies
• Standing for long periods of time
• Handling cleaning chemicals
• Use mechanical kitchen equipment and sharp cutting tools and knives
• Perform physical activities that require moving one’s whole body, such as lifting, balancing, stooping or bending